The ROCK Be Yourself


The Rock with family


 Rock: Thank you, Oprah, for being with me. Thank you, boys. Oprah: So, your father was very strong. Now, here's the thing. 

You went along with the fierce competitors in the ring, right? But now she was in the most terrifying situation a man could have in raising three daughters. Rock: Yes. Yes, it is still terrifying. 


Oprah: And you're a strong dad? Rock: I am. Not great firmness, but discipline is important. But then, you know, I'm going back to my dad. 


My father loved me for the little he could do. So, I have learned from that and so through my daughters, I want to be full and be present with the love I give them.

 Oprah: Introducing, yes. That's what we were talking about. 


What do you want to make sure they get what you didn’t get? And it's very interesting if you have children, I've seen this in many people, you didn't get what you needed.


 You didn't get what you needed because of what The Rock said, your parents didn't have the power to give it to you. And now that you are older, you should start giving that to yourself and be able to give it to your children in such a way that you do not continue to do what is done to you. 


So, what do you want your daughters to know about you? Rock: I want my daughters to know that I love them unconditionally, truly, unconditionally, unconditionally. 


And I have an 18-year-old daughter, Simone. Jasmine just turned four years old, baby, Tiana, thank you for preparing to cover two years. And I did, as I told my 18-year-old daughter, Simone, that I love you. I will tell you that I love you every day, I will send you messages I love you… Oprah: So, are you one of those who say out loud? Rock: Yes, because I didn't get that. 


And I look at you, I love you and I will send you a message. But I also told her that I was not interested. You don't even have to send me text messages. Right? You can text me again. All right. But you don't have to, it's okay.


 No status. Unconditional love. And I want to teach my daughters the value of hard work. Most importantly, I want to teach my daughter the importance of being kind, and how important that is. Oprah: Well, you know, I read that your father, you used to watch him train, and he said, “If I get up at 6:00 am, he'll get up at 6:00 in the morning. 

”So, how much do you think you got from him? Was it your way of working? What was it? Rock: It was my way of working. My father was a man who, contrary to difficulty, did. But he often got up at 5:00, 5:30 in the morning, and said that if I got up, he would get up too.


 He was pulling me to the gym and by the way, I was five years old, and he was pulling me to the gym. Yes. And I wasn't exercising, but he was just making sure I was there and being with him, and that was our time that we could all use. 

But I can say that I look after my work to my father, my father always said that, no matter what you do in life and where you go, respect will be given when you have worked. And you should go out and get it every single day.


 Oprah: Yes. So your father taught you a lot. I wonder, what did your daughters bring you down? Rock: My daughters taught me how to think and how to take care of myself and be more compassionate and self-sacrificing.


 Oprah: Yes. Were you present at all when they were born? Rock: I was there. Oprah: Is it there? Rock: I mean right there. Yes. Oprah: I mean, you were right there. Rock: I was there. Yes. And bring. I mean, this is our time. Yes. Oprah: Yes. Yes. And is that a life-changing experience, when that happens to you? 


Rock: It's the biggest thing I've ever seen in my life. And it gave me deep respect as baby mamas. I have two. I had been married before and now I am happily married. 


Lauren is back there. We have known each other for 13 years now but I have, it has been a deep experience in my life because also, you know, when you meet ... As a man, you meet a man, you meet a woman, and this will be you and you want to get married and my first marriage didn't work. 


But then the birth of a child and what it does with a lens that just changes and just gives me a lot of respect too, their mothers like ... Oprah: So, it didn’t work with marriage, but when you became your business partner, your first marriage? Rock: You're done. Yes Yes. Oprah: And you still are.


 Rock: We still are. Therefore, my ex-wife, Dany, and I, the marriage did not work out. And it was one of those things when it wasn't a bad divorce, it was just a marriage that wasn't on our cards.


 We are best friends. Marriage was not on our cards, but we both had a passion for business and accomplishment. And we thought, "Well, what if we continue to do business together and you think we can?" And it was as if we could make something happen and we did it. Oprah: I know you didn't grow up with a lot of money. 


And I read the story of when, I think you were 15, and there was a notice of eviction at the door and how that affected us, right? Rock: It's done. Yes. Oprah: Now, she is one of the highest-paid actors in the world. Rock: Thank you. I'm doing well. Thank you.


 Oprah: Well done. And is that title, the most sensitive man alive, the highest paid in ... What do those titles mean if there is something? He is the greatest, the most popular, the most followed, the most, the best, the most faithful, the most faithful. Rock: Good for the ego. It's amazing.


 Oprah: Well, the better question is, how do you keep your confidence when all that happens around you? Rock: Exactly. They are very important.


 The people I have around me and how important that is ... Oprah: Can anyone tell you the truth at this time? Rock: Yes, he is called my wife. Yes. Oprah: All right. Can Lauren tell you the truth? Rock: Yes, Lauren can tell me the truth. But along the way,

No comments:

Post a Comment

GoDaddy account hacked once again 1.2M users at phishing

    Subscribe To Unlock Download   Checking...... Earlier today, GoDaddy unveiled that an obscure aggressor had acquired unappr...